
Firstly before I get into my rant, I'm sharing a photo of Caleb. I saw him on Friday, after I'd spent all arvo shopping with Sam. I spent a bit of money, I bought a new wallet, clothes for Caleb, I new shirt for me and some stuff from Koorong, a Christians bookshop. I walked out of the last shop and I actually felt quite bad for spending so much money.
Afterwards I went up and had dinner with Caleb and his parents. I took my sister-in-law out to get dinner and it was the first time in 7 weeks she had gone out without Caleb. He chrisened me by throwing up on me, luckily I bought a change of clothes.
Coming home I had an experience with a bunch of drunk guys. I was driving around a roundabout and there were about 8 drunkards on the footpath. I slowed down and one of them walked out in front of my car and stood so I couldn't drive away. He was leaning on my car, and pointed and asked if I could drive them in the opposite direction. I yelled NO at him. Next thing I know there was another guy at my passenger window taping on the glass. He asked if I wanted a drink, and then he tried to open the door. Luckily I keep the door locked, if not he could have gotten in. I just hit the horn and drew attention to the car. The moved pretty quickly. Afterwards I realised that they easily could have been distracting me, while the others could have come to the passenger door and pulled me out of the car. It's scary to think that, but God kept me safe, I know that.
I'm on a bit of a SAVE THE WORLD campaign. Recently I've been drawn to the fact of poverty. I've always been aware of it, but somehow it's been hitting me harder than ever. I wish the powers that be would wake up to themselves and realise the amount of money they spent on the election and advertising, plus one day spent on the war could pretty much wipe out poverty. I look at some people and they are buying up big, being greedy for themselves, what about those people in 3rd world countries that have nothing.
My final rant 30,000 people die each week from poverty.

No comments:
Post a Comment