Saturday, April 14, 2007

Curious

I often wonder what it would be like to go back to school right now. Well to a reunion anyway. I'm high school I wasn't a cool person, but people liked me, but I wasn't in the "cool" group. I was a bit of a daggy nerd, but I am comfortable with that. My theory is "If I'm not comfortable, why conform to what everyone else is doing. I am my own person."

Anyway, I still keep in touch with my school group of friends, the girls are all still pretty tight. I don't think that many other people have kept in touch though.

What would I say if we had a reunion this weekend? Well truthfully I haven't changed that much since high school. I'm still single (not that I've always been single), I'm still a daggy person, I still don't care much what people think of me (if you like me great, if you don't then what are you doing reading my blog??). I've grown in confidence, I'm no longer the person to be walked all over and I will stand my ground.

Other than that I haven't done much with my life, I havea uni degree that is getting dusty on my wall. I want to have the opportunity to achieve something.

I know I would go to the reunion and see all the people that things just fall into their lap and they would look at me and say "is that all you've done with your life?"

It's really sad to think about all the things I wanted to achieve by now, and it hasn't happened. Hello I'm waiting.
PS Photo is me at my year 12 formal. scary.

1 comment:

Ngaire said...

Be I wasnt really a cool person at school either. In fact at one point I floated amongst groups of friends because I could work out where I wanted to be and where I fitted in.
Funnily enough there is only 1 person I have contact with that I went to school with. That is cool with me. I dont really care what their opinions of me now would be. In fact I would probably be someone who wouldnt care about a reunion and not go.
But the point is. You need to be proud of you and what you have achieved. I think that you are someone who has probably made a lot of people (and will continue too)feel happy. And that is an achievement. A really big one! Keep doing what you are doing because at KSK we love you!!!!