The award for the bestest party ever goes to Anna, for her 21st last night. It was so much fun. Let's start at the beginning. Months and months ago Anna tells me that I have to keep the 5th May free for her 21st, so I put it in my diary. I got invited to other parties, but Anna's got preference. The theme: Black & White. I love themed parties, dress-ups, love it.As soon as I knew the theme, my outfit was picked. I bought a "sexy" dress in August last year, and I've never worn it. Mind you I'm not a dress person, and I wouldn't have bought it, except I fell in love with it and it was reduced from $99.95 to $15.00, and lets face it, I looked hot in it!!!
Anyway a few adaptions had to be made, weather appropriate and younger people appropriate too. I snuck down to Anna's house on Anzac Day because I was doing a scrapbook for her present with Laura, and I needed a photo, so I went to their house to get it. As I was walking out the door Dave (Anna's brother) informs me that I had to dance at this party. A few conversations via sms followed to make sure I was actually going to dance, I never pass up an opportunity to dance.
Come the day of the party, I was very excited, I got ready quickly, we had a long drive ahead of us. The trip was so much fun, there was much singing, Laura & I rock at that, and fun conversation, Laura is the best to road trip with. We arrived 15 mins early and headed in. We gave Anna her present and she loved it. A group of us socialised with each other in the corner for the first part of the night, then Laura and I danced to her fav song "Rock this Party", then dinner. Then it was time to hit the dance floor. Now mind you I had been copping flak for being "old" and I was the one dancing the night away, everyone else is just too soft. I danced like an idiot, but hey I didn't know many people, I didn't care. I convinced Dave to step out from behind the music and dance, and even got him to breakdance. Note to Dave: Learn some new moves for breakdancing for next party. Speeches were next, and oh wow, it's like 11:40pm. After a few photos, I danced and people left and I danced, and danced and danced and danced. The next thing we know the parents are in the garage telling us it's bed time because it's almost 2am. Hello the time just flew, what a great party, to lose track of time because I was having so much fun.
This was followed by a sleepover, 4 girls in the loungeroom, 3 guys in the other loungeroom, and other people in other rooms. I think I dropped off somewhere around 3am, and woke up at 8:50am, and couldn't get back to sleep, so I got up. Following this was a lovely late breakfast and socialising/shopping in town.
Quick shout out to mummy Kylz. Kylz you rock, you're so funny, and it's always great to catch up with you. Thanks for bringing the Wagga crew to party with. MWAH.Now back to reality of work and boringness. What a long post, enjoy the pics.

1 comment:
Be your black dress looks great!
Post a Comment