Thursday, October 19, 2006

Birthday

Another year passes, and you know what, I've done sweet bugger all with my life. I'm 24 now, I feel like I have achieved hardly anything. Why do I feel like I have failed? I'm not where I thought I would be a year ago. Things change, yes, but crap is a word that comes to mind.

I have achieved a bit of stuff, but its nothing much of interest. You know those people that everything just goes their way, I'm so not one of them. When things seem to be looking up, smash, I crash. I would like to have a highlight of this year, as something good.

I've been chatting with Sam about mission work, and I feel like I've done nothing when I could be doing so much more. I choose a life of somewhat luxury, when I could step up and step out in faith. Why do I sit on my backside, spending money, when I should do something. But on the same hand, I'm already doing so much with my time, I don't have time to take anything else on. Conflict.

I'm on holidays in a weeks time, I will clear my head and get into a good head space again. I need it, my sanity depends on it.

2 comments:

randomness said...

Hey Benita!

Happy 24th Birthday – I hope you have a great day that is filled with presents, cake, phone calls, laughter and all things sweet. Ur blog sounds like you’ve had a bit of a bad start to ur day :o( - I hope it brightens up!

Those people, those people who everything seems to go there way they don’t exist. No one has a perfect life where everything goes their way. It may look like they do but they don’t. Everyone has their ups and down’s some manage to hide it well while others can do nothing but express it. It kind of reminds me of a verse John 16:33b - In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.

It’s often the bad things we remember the most, the bad things that leave those dark stains in our lives. I’ve seen you achieve things this year Be, I’ve seen enough to know that you have not done bugger all with ur life.

I hope you have a fantastic holidays and I’m always here to chat if you need to.

Love you lots
Smile today :o)
xoxoxo

Unknown said...

I like the comment above - it says it well!!!!
Be pround of BE!!!! that should be your motto!!!
have a great week off