My perspective of this world has been changed forever. I went on the trip to China, it was a Global Xposure Trip through a company over here. My world will never be the same again. For every incredible thing I saw, my heart also broke for the same area. Imagine living in a place where you've never seen the stars, see the sun and blue sky for about 1 week out of 52 in the year, where poverty is rife and no-body seems to care, and to be in a country where you aren't free. It's so hard to convey what I saw, it's such a sad place, but we were the light, the hope from God.
We met some amazing people, heard some incredible stories. Hygenie is very minimal, if any of us got sick over there, we didn't want to go to a hospital. Everything was very cheap over there for us, DVDs $1, CDs, $4. To give you an example, we ate out one night 9 of us were fed for $20, thats not each that was all up, all of us for $20, you wouldn't get a meal like we had for that cost here.
We went to the Great Wall, Terricotta Warriors, and some other big sites. In Hong Kong we got to go to Disneyland, it was great to escape for a day, and to have some fun. There people in China don't get to escape like we did, we left after 17 days, they are stuck for much longer.
My heart really goes out for the people in China, it's so hard, I'm still processing it all, but I'll attempt to put my thoughts together and write some more later on.
I'll post some photos tomorrow, I'm getting error messages and I can't be bothered to deal with it plus I need an early night
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Travel is a great way to expose your consciousness to other ways of life isn't it. I did a lot of travel when I was a little younger From New York to South Korea and everything in between...it was an awesome experience and it taught me so many things about life. You'll be processing your trip for the rest of your life and go thru many realisations...it's awesome!
oh...I'm also very glad to read that you yourself didn't have any cause to see a Dr or anything whilst away and it's great to have you back home.
I can't wait to see more pix of your experience Be. I'll catch up with you soon.
Post a Comment