Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Waiting....

Well once again, singleness on Valentine's Day. No hugs, no phone calls, no sms, nothing. Valentine's is way over commercial and all that, but just to be appreciated and recognised would be nice. I have to say that I did get a card from a friend, it was a day early though, but it was very sweet.

I even watched a romantic movie today (The Lake House) to dwell on. It was a good movie and it lifted my spirits of hope. Do you know what it's like to be one of the only people single in my group of friends. It's slightly depressing. All my friends are at the point of engagement, so I'm going to engagement party after party and the invites are for me and a partner, yes no name, just a partner. I sit at the table being the odd one out.

So, as I sit here writing on my blog and watching Joker Poker, I wait for my knight in shining armour to sweep me off my feet (yep I'm waiting). Though I know it's not going to happen in the next half an hour, so I think I should head to bed.

Goodnight to those who have a Valentine and to those like me, Happy Valentine's from a friend to another.

No comments: