Wednesday, January 04, 2006

First for 06

Well New Years came and went. Not too much happened for New Years, went to a friends house and played poker and had fun. New Years day was an absolute stinker, it was something like 44/45C how hot was that. I went in a friends pool which was 32C. Cooler than outside, but still. Then at night went to a BBQ and I got a bucket of water thrown on me, it wasn't intended for me, but I got it. It was nice and cooling though. Saw an awesome sight that night. We had bushfires around and looking to the sky at one point revealed an awesome red and black sky, it was so great. If I can get a picture off my friend I'll post it.

I'm off to a camp for two weeks on Saturday, I can't wait. We are doing pirate theme for the first week with the junior kids. I love this camp, its so great to not focus on work for two weeks, but to be fully focused on God and on the kids. So many great relationships are made (this is how Geoff and I meet last year), and lasting friendships. It's awesome to see God working through everyone at the camp and the kids having a absolute ball.

I probably wont get to post again until after camp, but be thinking of me, and pray for me and the other leaders, that we can touch the kids lives with the message of God. Think of all the stories when I return, camp is always an adventure for me.

:o)

No comments: