Friday, January 27, 2006

Back from Camp


Wow, what an awesome time I had at camp. It was amazing to see God working in the lives of everyone around. The two weeks went really quickly, but I made lots of new friends and had so much fun over the two camps.
To start with before I'd even left my dad and I had the massive job of packing the car. There were three of us going down in my car, so it was three lots of luggage for two weeks, plus 3 guitars and an amp and 2 clothes horses, plus other stuff. It all fit in (just), it was a tight squeeze.
Junior camp had the theme of 'The Bible and something about pirates' so on the day all the kids arrived we got to dress up in pirate gear, which was so much fun. The parents were quite happy to leave their kids with us.
The kids got right into the pirate stuff and really enjoyed the BLAST (Bible Learning And Singing Together). We had a movie night, and we saw Chicken Little, which was really funny.
Junior camp week went so fast, its hard to remember what went on.
Senior camp had the theme of Freedom, and the kids were really challenged as to whether they are free in Christ. It was really challenging to all of us.
We had two off-site days. Considering it rained everyday it was pretty nice to get off-site. We firstly went to the shops and then had a choice of movies, Narnia or Fun with Dick and Jane. I saw the latter thinking it would be good, but I think I should have gone with Narnia for the second time. The other day out was an Amazing Race, which was fun, but it was a bit of a hot day.
Senior camp was awesome, but also went quickly.
So it's been a week back in reality and it's been really busy. I've been at work most days. Yesterday was Australia Day so went and saw fireworks, yay.
Today I managed to hit the beach after work, and I think I'm a bit burnt. Oh well, thats what you get at the beach on a hot day.
Anyway til next time :o)

1 comment:

Kylie said...

That's hardly a re-cap of camp!! What happened on Monday of Jnr Camp? Tuesday? Wednesday? Thursday? Friday? What did you get up to inbetween camps? What about day-by-day for Snr camp? Didn't you keep your programs?